Assignment Updates on Calendar
BYU Learning Suite allows you to export the contents of your course schedule to Google Calendar or iCal. Your Google Calendar can easily be synced with a smartphone, allowing you to view your class calendar on your phone. With iCal, your Learning Suite information can be pushed on to all Mac devices, including iMac, MacBook, iPhone, or iPad.
Link Learning Suite Schedule to Google Calendar
You can set up a live feed between BYU Learning Suite and your Google Calendar. Any changes your professor makes to the schedule will also be made to your Google Calendar. Be aware that the calendar is only synced once per day.
1. Select a course from the Course List page and click on the Schedule tab within the course.
2. Click on Get iCalendar Feed located at the top of the page.
3. Copy the link provided in the dialog box.
4. Open your Google Calendar and on the left side, click the + next to Other Calendars. Select From URL in the drop down box.
5. Paste the link copied in step 3 into the URL of calendar input box.
6. The calendar will now appear in your Other Calendar list.
Items from BYU Learning Suite will be added to your schedule as all day events.
To add other BYU Learning Suite course schedules to your Google Calendar, simply repeat this process for each course. This calendar is setup as a feed and will change if the schedule is changed in BYU Learning Suite; however, these changes will only be updated one time per day.
Link Learning Suite Schedule to iCal
You can easily link a course schedule to your Apple calendar by using the iCal link provided.
1. Follow above steps 1-3.
2. Open iCal on your computer. Select File from the menu bar at the top of the screen and select New Calendar Subscription from the drop down options.
3. Paste the copied link from step 3 into the Calendar URL input box. Click Subscribe.
4. Name the calendar and set any other preferences. To sync this calendar between all your Apple devices, select iCloud in the Location dialog box. If the Location option does not appear, link your computer to an iCloud account.
Note: The calendar will now appear in your calendar list in iCal. Scheduled items from BYU Learning Suite will be added to your calendar as all-day events. To add other Learning Suite course calendars to iCal, repeat this process for each course. Remember, iCal is set up as a feed and will change if the schedule is changed in Learning Suite; however, these changes will only be updated once per day.