Notifications for messages can be changed in instructor preferences and notification preferences.
1. Click the settings gear in the top right corner.
2. Click the Messages tab and then the Notifications tab.
1. Click the envelope icon in the top right corner.
2. Click edit settings in the top right corner (which appears next to the user's name)
3. Click the radio button next to the desired option (On or Off). Notifications will be sent to the user’s email on file with BYU.
4. Click the Grant release of FERPA education records checkbox to enable messages to be sent to a personal email (click here to learn about FERPA). Click Save to update your notification preferences.
Note: In order to receive email notifications from instructors, students must check the Enable Notifications from Instructors/TAs checkbox. By doing this, students are granting the university permission to send FERPA protected information (such as feedback on homework, tests, assignments, etc.) via email.