Embedding Image, Audio, and Video Files
Toggle ItemUsing Files Already Uploaded
1. Create or edit an Assignment, Content Page, Exam, Path Activity (Text types only), etc. The pop-up will include a textbox similar to the following:
2. Click either Insert Image, Insert Video, Insert Audio, or Insert File to open a new pop-up window containing an instructor’s uploaded files.
3. Navigate through the pop-up window to select the desired file. Once it is selected, it will be highlighted in blue.
4. (Optional) If an Image is being uploaded, the Image Size can be changed by editing the width of the image, in pixels.
5. Click Insert Image, Insert Video, Insert Audio, or Insert File (depending on what was selected is Step 2) to finish uploading the file(s).
Toggle ItemUploading Files
Instructors can upload files to Learning Suite to use in their courses. This can be done through the Files page or while editing an Assignment, Content Page, Exam, Path, etc.
Upload Files through the Files Page1. Click Files, located on the left sidebar, while on the Course List page.
2. Click + Add File and then Choose Files.
3. Choose a file(s) from your computer then click Open.
4. (Optional) Add a Description to the file(s) you are uploading.
5. (Optional) Check Prevent Download if desired, to prevent students from downloading Video and Audio files.
6. (Optional) If a single file was selected, check Replace Existing File to replace an existing file with the new file, if desired.
7. (Optional) If a single file was selected, check Rename File to rename the new file before it is uploaded, if desired.
8. Press Save to finish uploading the file(s).
Upload Files while editing an Assignment, Content Page, Exam, Path, etc
. Editing or creating an Assignment, Content Page, Exam, Path, etc.
2. Click either Insert Image, Insert Video, Insert Audio, or Insert File, located in the Description Bar.
3. Click Upload File then Choose File.
4. Repeat steps 3-7 as listed above in Upload Files through the Files Page.
5. (Optional) If an Image is being uploaded, the Image Size can be changed by editing the width of the image, in pixels.
6. Press Insert Image, Insert Video, Insert Audio, or Insert File (depending on what was selected is Step 2) to finish uploading the file(s).
Toggle ItemYouTube, Vimeo, Box
To embed a YouTube video, go to the video in YouTube and click "share".
Choose Embed from the sharing options.
Click copy to copy the embed code to the clipboard.
Go to the content page or exam question you want to embed the video into and click insert video
Choose Embed from the insert options and paste the embed code in the embed window. Then, click insert video.
Note: YouTube videos often include thumbnails for easy access to related videos. Select Hide related videos to hide those thumbnails.
The University recommends using Box Cloud to deliver video and other materials online. University students and employees have free secure Box access.
Note: These instructions cover how to embed a video. Follow the same procedure to embed documents, image, audio, and other files including pdf's. You must select the appropriate insert button when pasting the embed code into Learning Suite.
Hover over the video you want to embed and click on share. Enable the link and select people with the link from the drop-down menu Choose can view only to prevent students from downloading the video.
Note: The link is publicly accessible to anyone with the link. However, the shared files will be embedded into Learning Suite which require a secure login.
Close the share dialog box and click on the More Options button. Select More Actions and choose Embed Widget from the menu.
Click copy to copy the code for the embedded video. To use something other than the default size, first select the desired size, then click copy.
Go to Learning Suite and create a new page or exam question or click Edit to embed the video into an existing page or question. Click insert video. To insert images, audio, or other files, click the source button in the editor and paste the embed code in the associated window.
Select Embed and paste the code into the text box. Click Insert Video. You will need to publish the content page or exam in order for students to access the embedded file.
Note: Students may see a login prompt instead of the video. Students should use their net ID followed by @byu.edu (netID@byu.edu) and their university password. They may need to scroll down in the display window to do this.